Denbigh Community Primary School is a fully inclusive school that ensures that all pupils achieve their potential personally, socially, emotionally, physically and educationally.
Our school’s SEND information sheet lets you understand how we support pupils with special educational needs and disabilities. The Inclusion Manager (Mrs Rodgerson) has achieved the national award for SEND Coordination.
The school offers additional expertise in:
- Denbigh Community Primary holds the Dyslexia Friendly School Award
- One member of staff holds OCN – Skills For Supporting Pupils With Dyslexia.
Speech, Language and communication needs.
- 7 trained staff (ELKLAN award for 5-11 year olds)
- 2 trained staff BSL ( British Sign Language) Level 1
- 1 trained staff in MAKATON
If you would like more information about our provision or to discuss your child’s learning needs then please contact school on 0191 2622509 and ask to speak to the Inclusion Manager (SENCO) Mrs Rodgerson.
North Tyneside Local Authority Local Offer
The Local Authority is also required to publish it’s Local Offer for child and young people with Special educational Needs and Disabilities. The information can be found by following this link: