PUPIL PREMIUM AT DENBIGH
Pupil Premium is additional funding provided to schools for supporting children who are at a greater risk of under-achievement.
Denbigh ensures that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
Denbigh ensures that children belonging to vulnerable groups, including those from socially disadvantaged backgrounds, are adequately assessed and provision is made to meet their needs.
Our Pupil Premium Strategy is reviewed annually to ensure will constantly meet the needs of our children. Please click on the link below to access our current strategy.
Money is allocated specifically to raise standards in attainment and achievement through academic support or ensuring are ready for learning:
- ACADEMIC INTERVENTION: support targeted to those pupils identified through tracking reviews who are at risk at falling behind in attainment and progress scores.
- All aspects of intervention are tracked and progress is measured to ensure programmes of intervention have a positive impact on learning and raise standards in attainment and achievement, so that all pupils make satisfactory progress and the large majority of pupils make good or better progress. Therefore no pupil is at risk of falling behind because they are some way vulnerable.
- BREAKFAST CLUB ensures a good start to the day for vulnerable pupils.
- NURTURE work through the THRIVE APPROACH will ensure socially and emotionally vulnerable pupils are confident and secure within themselves and ready for learning.
- Grade 8 TA responsible for Education, Welfare and Child Protection to ensure vulnerable pupils educational and care needs are met.
- Money allocated to enrich learning, in order that children have maximum high quality experiences to support their learning for example Forest Schools and Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) strategies.