PUPIL PREMIUM STATEMENT 2018 – 2019
Money is allocated specifically to raise standards in attainment and achievement through academic support or ensuring are ready for learning:
- ACADEMIC INTERVENTION: support targeted to those pupils identified through tracking reviews who are at risk at falling behind in attainment and progress scores
- All aspects of intervention are tracked and progress is measured to ensure programmes of intervention have a positive impact on learning and raise standards in attainment and achievement, so that all pupils make satisfactory progress and the large majority of pupils make good or better progress. Therefore no pupil is at risk of falling behind because they are some way vulnerable.
- BREAKFAST CLUBensures a good start to the day for vulnerable pupils
- NURTUREwork through the THRIVE APPROACHwill ensure socially and emotionally vulnerable pupils are confident and secure within themselves and ready for learning.
- Grade 8 TA responsible for Education, Welfare and Child Protectionto ensure vulnerable pupils educational and care needs are met.
- Money allocated to enrich learning, in order that children have maximum high quality experiences to support their learning for example Forest Schools and Outdoor Play and Learning(OPAL)strategies.
SEE ALSO THE PUPIL PREMIUM STRATEGY STATEMENT 2017/2018 TO GIVE DETAILED ALLOCATIONS OF SPENDING
Y1 PHONICS 2018:Disadvantaged pupils performed broadly in line with their Local Authority and Nationalcounterparts.
KS1 2018 SATS: There was no significant difference in performance between FMS6 pupils at DCPS with disadvantaged pupils nationally, in Reading, Writing and Maths combined. In Reading, the attainment gap has closed for disadvantaged pupils.
KS2 2018 SATS: FMS6 pupils at DCPS performed better than disadvantaged pupils nationally in Reading, Writing and Maths, and also in combined RWM. KS2 disadvantaged pupils perform broadly in line with non-disadvantaged pupils nationally. Progress rates for disadvantaged pupils were well above the Local Authority.