Structure and remit of the Governing body
School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children’s education. They come from all sections of the community and all walks of life. Some governors are elected by parents and staff, some are appointed by the Governing body or the North Tyneside Learning Trust. The Governing body has 3 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
The Chair of Governors is Carli Davison and the Vice Chair of Governors is Lynsey Brown.
The current membership is:
Louise Guthrie, Headteacher
Susan McCormack, Co-opted Governor
Diane Rodgerson, Co-opted Governor
Ron Wilcox, Co-opted Governor
- C Groundsell, Foundation Governor
- Carli Davison, Parent Governor
Lynsey Brown, Parent Governor
- Kirsty Bird, Staff Governor
- Mark Holt, Associate Governor
The Governing body has a range of sub committees to help it carry out its functions as follows:
- Curriculum and Standards Committee – the Chair is Lynsey Brown.
- Finance, Staffing, Premises and Health and Safety Committee – the Chair is Carli Davison
- Performance Management/Pay Review
Other Committees such as Staff Dismissal, Dismissal Appeal and Pupil Discipline are convened as and when required.